Banner

Places to Visit in Kolhapur

How to ReachPlaces to Visit  |  Places to eat  |  Things to buy


Places to Visit in Kolhapur

About Kolhapur

Kolhapur is very old place in Maharashtra as it has its great history dated back in 17th Century. Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj was one of the important kings of Maratha Empire and Chhatrapati of Kolhapur state in the 18th century. Kolhapur is also called as Dakshin Kashi of Maharashtra. Dakshin meaning South and Kashi is famous divine city in Northern India.

People in Kolhapur are very friendly and cooperative. If you hear word “Bhava…” that means you are in the Kolhapur or a person is from Kolhapur. Bhava means brother. 
Some other famous Marathi words used by youths here are “Naad nahi karayacha” (meaning-Don’t challenge me), “Kata Kirrr” (meaning-something that’s really crazy) etc.

Kolhapur also has good climate compared to Mumbai and Pune (ranging from 10 to 35 °C). It also has very less pollution and healthy air.


Me and my Kolhapur connection  – 

I am from Pune but my wife born and brought-up in Kolhapur. My in laws stays in Kolhapur. So I have special connection with Kolhapur and its people. Due to this I occasionally visit Kolhapur and places nearby. Hence I decided to share my experience with Kolhapur, its people and famous places there along with you guys. So if you are planning to visit next time to Kolhapur then you better know how to go, where to roam and what to eat.


I will be updating this page with more and more places as on I visit to them in my next Kolhapur visits. So, stay tuned .. and follow this site to get updates on my next visits. 

Thanks again for reading! 


Places to Visit


1. Mahalaxmi Temple and Bhavani Mandap

We decided to visit the temple early in the morning as there is always long queue for darshan specially on the....Read More.



2. Rankala Lake

Rankala Lake Kolhapur

Rankala Lake is second most famous place to visit in Kolhapur City after Mahalaxmi Temple. Rankala Lake is situated in....Read More.



3. New Palace Museum



New Palace is popular tourist spot if you are visiting to the Kolhapur City. This Building is royal Palace of Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj. The Palace was....Read More.



4. Kaneri Math

Kaneri Math or Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum is one of the Kolhapur’s important tourist attractions.  It’s a best place to....Read More.



#Kolhapur Travel Blog

Post a Comment

4 Comments